Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Claritin To Start Working
Pretty Quickly: Most antihistamines will start to work within the first 30-40 minutes. ...Read more
3 days to reach peak: Claritin (loratadine) (loratidine) takes 3 days to reach a steady state, so it could take that long for it to work on hives. Other non-drowsy antihistamines are a better choice: Allegra (fexofenadine) reaches peak effect within 2 hours and Zyrtec (cetirizine) reaches peak effect in 1-2 hours. If you see no benefit at all within 5 hours of taking these, they probably will not work for you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How many weeks does it take for claritin (loratadine) 10mg to work? How long should I give it a try before deciding to switch to a different antihistamine?
A few hours: Claritin (loratadine) should start working within a couple of hours. If it doesn't not help at all, then switching to another won't do you much good. If it does help somewhat, then you may try the other alternatives which may possess more antihistamine effect than Claritin (loratadine). ...Read more
Not unsafe: but what are you treating? if it isn't working at the regular dose for whatever problem, you'd better see your doctor, best wishes ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take claritin to start working?
- How long does it take for candesartan to start working?
- How long does it take for permethrin take to start working?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does accutane take to start working?
- How long does it take mobic to start working?
- How long does it take for aleve to start working?
- How long does it take prednisone to start working?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free