Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Claritin To Start Working
Pretty Quickly: Most antihistamines will start to work within the first 30-40 minutes. ...Read more
3 days to reach peak: Claritin (loratidine) takes 3 days to reach a steady state, so it could take that long for it to work on hives. Other non-drowsy antihistamines are a better choice: Allegra (fexofenadine) reaches peak effect within 2 hours and Zyrtec (cetirizine) reaches peak effect in 1-2 hours. If you see no benefit at all within 5 hours of taking these, they probably will not work for you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How many weeks does it take for claritin 10mg to work? How long should I give it a try before deciding to switch to a different antihistamine?
I used to take 1 claritin/day. Since it stopped working, I started with 1 Allegra 180 mg. This works for only 3-4 hours. Any advice?
Up to 1 hour: Claritin can work relatively quickly in most people. That is, it usually works within 30 minutes. However, in some people it may take up to 60 minutes to have its full effect. If it is not working within that time, or if the duration of effect becomes less and less, seeing an allergy specialist for allergy testing would be recommended as other treatments may be more effective. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for aleve to start working?
- How long does it take claritin to start working?
- How long does it take for tazorac to start working?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for treatment with tens units to start working?
- How long does it take for benicar 20mg to start working?
- How long does it take for permethrin take to start working?
- Anxiety and how long does it take for meds to start working
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free