Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Birth Control To Become Effective
Use back up: Protection for the first month that you are taking oral contraceptives. ...Read more
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Depends: It depends on which birth control method you're talking about. If you're talking about birth-control pills 7 to 14 days is reasonable. ...Read more
Expiry date printed: It depends on the date of manufacturing and each pack has an expiry date printed on it, so look at the date printed on the pack. ...Read more
Immediately: Immediately if you start the first pill on the sunday following the beginning of your period. ...Read more
Varies (1 - 2 hours): Depending on the formulation ingested (micronized (glynase) or conventional Glyburide (diabeta, micronase)) onset of action ranges from about 1 to 2 hours with a maximum reduction of blood sugar seen within 3-4 hours. May last in body for over 18 to 24 hours. Should be taken with breakfast or main meal of the day to help reduce symptoms of low blood sugar (tremors, sweating, irritable, fatigue). ...Read more
Depends: If you start the pill when you start your period, it is effective from the beginning. If you start the pill at any other time in your cycle, you should expect to be protected after taking the pill for 2 weeks. ...Read more
How long after taking antibiotics does it take for birth control pills to be completely effective again?
Depends on symptoms: Dialysis procedure does the work of kidneys- removing the toxins from the blood. If the symptoms are present due to toxins, they improve with 2-3 hd tretaments. It also depends on the intensity of dialysis given to the patient.Of note, dialysis does not the change the course of kidney disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for the birth control shot to become effective?
- How long does it take for birth control pills to become effective?
- How long do birth control pills take to become effective?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Time for birth control to become effective
- How long does the birth control pill take to be effective 3rd cycle?
- How long does it take for prozac to become effective?
- How long does it take depo to become effective?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free