Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For Birth Control To Become Effective
10 days: A safe answer is 10 days for new pack or missed pills. ...Read more
Contraception is also known as Birth control. Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Use back up: Protection for the first month that you are taking oral contraceptives. ...Read more
Depends: It depends on which birth control method you're talking about. If you're talking about birth-control pills 7 to 14 days is reasonable. ...Read more
Immediately: Immediately if you start the first pill on the sunday following the beginning of your period. ...Read more
How long after taking antibiotics does it take for birth control pills to be completely effective again?
How likely is it to get pregnant on birth control shot? And how long does it take the shot to become effective?
Unlikely: Depo shots are effective immediately and failure rate is less than 1 percent. ...Read more
Next cycle/depend: Once you start on bcp for sure after your first month, it is effective.I always tell my pt to use extra protection with foam and condom the first month when you start bcp.However, if you are already on the pills and your doctor change to a different one, then you do not need extra protection.As long as you take regularly and not skipping anyday. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for birth control pills to become effective?
- How long does it take for the birth control shot to become effective?
- How long does it take for breasts to swell when on birth control pills?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for birth control to work?
- How long does it take for you to get pregnant after stopping birth control?
- How long does it take for acne to clear with birth control?
- How long does it take for acne to clear up on birth control?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free