Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For An Achilles Tendon To Start Feeling Better
Depends: Usually, acute achilles tendon injuries should improve in 3 weeks. However, treatment requires a period of strict non weight bearing and possibly physical therapy. Recommend eccentric stretching which can be done on a stair with the heels suspended off and slowly lowering the heel below the ball of the foot. It is important to support the arch with orthotics to reduce strain on the tendon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
6 months: If it is torn then it can take up to 6 months depending on the treatment. ...Read more
6 months: Approx 6 months depending on the technique. ...Read more
Depends on treatment: May depend if you had surgical repair or just immobilization. 16 + weeks ...Read more
Varies: This may depend on how long after the 1st injury occurred, how it is being treated, what type of injury. ...Read more
Depends: It depends on the type of injury. Achilles injuries are very susceptible to not want to heal if progressed sooner than necessary. A strain may take up to 6 weeks to heal, whereas a tear may require surgery and up to 6 months with physical therapy. An exam with possible MRI may be needed if you already have not had one yet. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a achilles tendon takes to heal?
- How long does it take to rehabilitate a snapped achilles tendon?
- How long does it take after achilles tendon surgery to begin rehab?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for achilles tendon injury to heal?
- How long does it take to start feeling pregnancy symptoms?
- How long will it take for me start feeling better once i start taking lexapro?
- How long does it take for achilles tendonitis to heal?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free