Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Wrist Fracture To Heal
8 weeks: In general, wrist fractures take about 6-8 weeks to heal. Most patients are allowed to resume full unrestricted activity after 3 months. However, not all wrist fractures are the same. More severe ones will take longer to heal, and patients with other medical conditions or who have poor bone density, may take longer as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Fracture: Varies depending on severity of fracture, displacement, age of patient, smoking status, etc. In general, most fractures that are minimally displaced will heal in 6-8 wks. Most displaced fractures can take longer and may not heal at all. Surgery may be needed to approximate the ends of the bone if widely separated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
6-8 weeks: Most wrist fractures will heal in 6-8 weeks. ...Read more
About six weeks: Most distal radius fractures are headed enough to use after six weeks. Complete healing includes remodeling will take a year. ...Read more
Typically 6 weeks: Most routine wrist fractures heal in about 6 weeks. Unfortunately certain fractures like scaphoid fractures can take 2-3 months or more to heal due to the tenuous blood suppply of the bone. ...Read more
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a grade 1 wrist fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the wrist to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture to heal in the wrist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a hairline wrist fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a big toe fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How long does it take for a radial head fracture to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free