Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Uti To Heal With Antibiotics
I have been on antibiotic for 1 1/2 days for severe uti. How long does it take for antibiotics to work?
Within a day: Great question. Since uti's are painful, effective therapy can alleviate this symptom within a day. However, other symptoms, depending on the severity of infection, may take up to a week (fever, malaise) or so to abate (eg.Flank pain).If symptoms smolder, inform your prescriber immedately- antibiotics may need to be adjusted. Hopefully, a urine culture was intially done to guide antibiotic choice. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A urinary tract infection (often called UTI) is most commonly caused by bacteria and usually refers to an infection in the bladder. Not all bacteria that grows from the urine represents an infection, so the need for antibiotics is determined by your ...Read more
48 hrs: 48 hrs if taken oral.Get a more detailed answer ›
How long does it take to feel better after starting antibiotic for a UTI? I've taken 2 so far and don't feel better yet.
About how long does it take for an antibiotic for a UTI to kick in? Do I keep taking the meds until the burning sensation is gone?
About 48 hours: If you're on the right antibiotic, the bacteria that caused your UTI should be eradicated by now. However the injury to the delicate inner lining of the bladder and urethra might take longer to heal, If your symptoms persist more than five days or if you get new symptoms like fever, back pain or nausea, you need to get back in touch with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a uti to clear up with antibiotics?
- How long does it take for a sore throat to heal without antibiotics?
- How long does it take for a broken hand to heal with surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a uti to go away with treatment?
- How long does it take for a uti to go away after antibiotics?
- How long does it take for a urinary tract infection to go away with antibiotics?
- How long does it take for a bladder infection to go away with antibiotics?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free