Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Uti To Clear Up With Antibiotics
How long does cloudy urine take to clear up after taking antibiotics for a UTI for 3 days? I've been drinking lots of water and cranberry juice.
Doesn't matter: Cloudy urine usually isn't due to infection but to variations in diet and fluid intake. It may not clear up at all. The important thing is whether UTI symptoms themselves are improving: painful or urgent urination, and so on. If so, the UTI is getting better. If not, contact your doctor. And by the way, cranberry doesn't treat or prevent UTI. Drink it if you like it, otherwise no need. ...Read more
A urinary tract infection (often called UTI) is most commonly caused by bacteria and usually refers to an infection in the bladder. Not all bacteria that grows from the urine represents an infection, so the need for antibiotics is determined by your ...Read more
I have been on antibiotic for 1 1/2 days for severe uti. How long does it take for antibiotics to work?
Within a day: Great question. Since uti's are painful, effective therapy can alleviate this symptom within a day. However, other symptoms, depending on the severity of infection, may take up to a week (fever, malaise) or so to abate (eg.Flank pain).If symptoms smolder, inform your prescriber immedately- antibiotics may need to be adjusted. Hopefully, a urine culture was intially done to guide antibiotic choice. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
48 hrs: 48 hrs if taken oral.Get a more detailed answer ›
How long does it take to feel better after starting antibiotic for a UTI? I've taken 2 so far and don't feel better yet.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a uti to heal with antibiotics?
- How long does it take for a uti to clear up?
- How long does it take for a herpes outbreak to clear up?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a bladder infection to clear up?
- How long does it take for uti to clear up?
- How long should it take for a uti to clear up after medication?
- How long should it take for a uti to clear up?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free