Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Sprain To Heal
Depends: Depends on what caused the soreness. Inflammatory issues such as tendinitis & bursitis are unpredictable & best managed with rest, cortisone injections, & rehab exercises. A tear may never "heal" on its own depending on severity & often requires repair. A low grade partial tear may heal with rest & rehab. See an orthopedic surgeon. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Mild to mod- 6-8 wks: Mild to moderate sprains of knee ligaments that are appropriately treated nonoperatively should generally heal in 6-8 weeks. Not all ligament sprains are the same, and actual time to healing will vary based upon severity. Most typical knee mcl sprains (grade 2-3) heal in 6-8 weeks. Bracing is often indicated. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Usually 6-12 weeks: It depend what kind sprain is. Sprain is an injury to the ligament of the ankle. 1st degree sprain it were the ligament still basically intact with some mild bruise in it, usually heals in about 4-6 weeks. The second degree more separation of the fiber of the ligament, take more time to heel 6-8 weeks. Third degree sprain, have more separation of the fiber, take 8-12 weeks and may need surgery.One. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
3-6 weeks: A sprain or strain of the shoulder involves injury to the tendon, muscle and bursa. This is usually self limiting and requires 3-6 weeks of healing time. Ice, nsaid's and activity modification can help with symptoms. Occasionally oral and/or injectable steroids are needed to reduce inflammation. Therapy is also an option. See a board certified orthopaedic surgeon for evaluation and treatment. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a foot sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a knee sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a sprained ankle to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a bad foot sprain to heal?
- How long does it take a shoulder sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a drained stye to heal?
- How long does it take for a uti to heal with antibiotics?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free