Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Sprain To Heal
Depends...: On where it is and how severe the sprain is. The small joints in the fingers are especially slow to heal. They may be stiff, swollen, and sore for up to a year--and the swelling may never completely resolve. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on severity: Days to several weeks or months. ...Read more
Depends on severity: 4 to 6 weeks is a good rule of thumb for most simple sprains. ...Read more
Depends: Depends on what caused the soreness. Inflammatory issues such as tendinitis & bursitis are unpredictable & best managed with rest, cortisone injections, & rehab exercises. A tear may never "heal" on its own depending on severity & often requires repair. A low grade partial tear may heal with rest & rehab. See an orthopedic surgeon. ...Read more
Usually 6-12 weeks: It depend what kind sprain is. Sprain is an injury to the ligament of the ankle. 1st degree sprain it were the ligament still basically intact with some mild bruise in it, usually heals in about 4-6 weeks. The second degree more separation of the fiber of the ligament, take more time to heel 6-8 weeks. Third degree sprain, have more separation of the fiber, take 8-12 weeks and may need surgery.One. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
3-6 weeks: A sprain or strain of the shoulder involves injury to the tendon, muscle and bursa. This is usually self limiting and requires 3-6 weeks of healing time. Ice, nsaid's and activity modification can help with symptoms. Occasionally oral and/or injectable steroids are needed to reduce inflammation. Therapy is also an option. See a board certified orthopaedic surgeon for evaluation and treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a foot sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a knee sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a shoulder sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a sprained ankle to heal?
- How long does it take a shoulder sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a drained stye to heal?
- How long does it take for a uti to heal with antibiotics?
- How long does it take a wrist sprain to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free