Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Knee Sprain To Heal
Depends on severity: 4 to 6 weeks is a good rule of thumb for most simple sprains. ...Read more
Grade 2 knee sprain. . Started using brace 10 days later.. been using brace for 7 days and pain recedes but recurs randomly. How long will it take?
Few days to weeks: Swelling usually subsides in 2 weeks but sometimes can take a little bit longer. If you have fluid ( effusion ) in the joint then it indicates internal damage to meniscus or cruciate ligaments. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pain in my knee cap after playing basketball, pain has lessened.I think it's a knee sprain. How long should I rest my knee until it fully recovers ?
Seven – 10 days: It sounds like patella tendinitis, especially if associated with basketball. Rest, ice, anti-inflammatory medication, quad stretching and quad strengthening are all helpful. Also, consider playing with a patellar strap. This offloads the force seen by the patella tendon with jumping on hard surfaces – basketball, racquetball, handball, tennis etc. Give time to get well. Sensible activities. ...Read more
See and orthopedist: Have it evaluated by an orthopedist. You may need to have it immobilized. In some more sever cases you may need to have surgical repair. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a foot sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a shoulder sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a sprained ankle to heal?
- How long does it typically take for a injured knee ligament to heal?
- How long does it take a shoulder sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a drained stye to heal?
- How long does it take for a uti to heal with antibiotics?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free