Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Knee Sprain To Heal
Depends on severity: 4 to 6 weeks is a good rule of thumb for most simple sprains. ...Read more
-R used interchangeably. They refer 2 injuries 2 mucles & ligaments. 3 degrees: 1=tweaked or hurts but no harm no foul, 2=damage 2 the structure with some bleeding & prolonged pain,but with ice, time , rest,& activity modification they heal over a few weeks,3=a complete disruption such as an ACL tear. If this happens in a muscle body, there's no repair available, painful, ...Read more
Mild to mod- 6-8 wks: Mild to moderate sprains of knee ligaments that are appropriately treated nonoperatively should generally heal in 6-8 weeks. Not all ligament sprains are the same, and actual time to healing will vary based upon severity. Most typical knee mcl sprains (grade 2-3) heal in 6-8 weeks. Bracing is often indicated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sprains: The usual answer is 6 weeks. If after 6 weeks you are not healed it certainly would be prudent to have it looked at. ...Read more
Depends on severity: A "sprained" knee can range from a mild injury to the joint to severe injuries including tears of the ligaments. Recovery following mild injuries may be 1-3 weeks but can take up to 3 months for more significant injuries. Pain lasting more than 6 weeks should prompt an evaluation, usually best done by an orthopaedic surgeon. ...Read more
Grade 2 knee sprain. . Started using brace 10 days later.. been using brace for 7 days and pain recedes but recurs randomly. How long will it take?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a knee sprain take to heal?
- How long does a sprained foot take to heal?
- How long does it take a sprained ankle to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take a hand sprain to heal?
- How long does a sprain take to heal?
- How long does it take a sprained joint to heal?
- How long does it take for a sprain to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free