Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Drained Stye To Heal
Week or two: Most drained styes will have improved greatly within a few days, and be essentially resolved within a week. A few drained styes will have significant residual gland ular material remaining in the lid, and if it doesn't resolve with warm compresses and topical medications, sometimes another drainage procedure is required. ...Read more
How long does a stye on your upper eyelid take to be removed if you go to the doctors? Does the doctor have to sleep your eye when they drain it?
Stye treatment: If you have tried warm compresses and massage to the eyelid for a period of 3-4 days and there is no change in the size of the stye, seeing the eye doctor to have this opened and drained is the best option. It is a rather quick procedure in most cases. The doctor will numb your eyelid and then use tiny instruments to open the area of the stye and remove the stye. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stye drainage: Typically, a stye is numbed with local anesthesia, then drained. The actual numbing feels like a tiny bee sting, then the entire area goes numb. From that point on, most people feel nothing as the stye is drained. The eyelid may be sore for a day or two as the eyelid heals, but normal activities may be resumed soon after the procedure. ...Read more
Will the pus from a stye drain out with the triple antibiotic ointment or will that make it worse?
Little effect: Styes are best treated with frequent applications of very warm wet washcloths. Antibiotics will not penetrate and will make little difference. Use the heat at least 5 times per day for 4-5 minutes at a time. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a boil to drain and heal?
- How long does it take for a uti to heal with antibiotics?
- How long does it take for a boil to drain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a big toe fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How long does it take for a wrist fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a hematoma to heal?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free