Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Broken Hand To Recover
It varies...: Recovery from a broken hand depends on many factors: severity and location of the fracture, compliance with the prescribed form of immobilization (cast, splint), age of the patient and other negative healing factors such as the presence of diabetes or smoking. Metacarpal fractures are the most common type of hand fracture, and most heal in about 6 weeks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fracture: Varies depending on severity of fracture, displacement, age of patient, smoking status, etc. In general, most fractures that are minimally displaced will heal in 6-8 wks. Most displaced fractures can take longer and may not heal at all. Surgery may be needed to approximate the ends of the bone if widely separated. ...Read more
6-8 weeks: Most wrist fractures will heal in 6-8 weeks. ...Read more
6 weeks: Usually 6 weeks.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends: It depends on what bone and how serious the break. ...Read more
Depends: This is a question that needs limits. Depends on the type of injury, the extent of the injury and treatments given. The hand is one of the most complex parts of the body. Injury can be minimal to severe. If joints are involved, tendons involved and nerves and vessels involved, it could take months to years to recover. Simple injuries anywhere from a few days to a week or so. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Six weeks on average: It depends on what bone in the hand is broken. A scaphoid fracture (the most commonly fractured bone in the carpus (wrist)) generally takes 10-12 weeks to heal, but a garden variety fracture of a metacarpal (the big bones in the palm of the hand) or of a phalanx (the little bones in the fingers) should heal in about six weeks. The healing could be slower in a smoker or a diabetic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variable: Depending on healing, 3-4 months for motion return, 6-8 weeks for straight wrist and 1 year for regular pushups. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a broken wrist to recover?
- How long does a broken ankle take to recover?
- How long does it take to recover from broken collar bone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to recover from a broken fibula typically?
- How long does it take to recover from broken hip surgery?
- How long does it take to recover from broken ankle?
- How long does it take to fully recover from a broken wrist?
- Talk to a hand surgeon online for free