Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Broken Ankle To Heal
Varies: In an average healthy person, the fracture will likely heal within 6-8 weeks. However, the sports functionality of the ankle may not return to normal for nearly 6-12 months. This depends on the severity of the initial injury and the subsequent rehab of the ankle. Your orthopedist will guide you through your recovery process. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Broken ankle is also known as Ankle fracture. Ankle fracture describe a break or fracture of any of the bones of the ankle. This can be caused by falls, trauma, or twisting of the ankle. Patients with ankle fractures experience pain and swelling of the foot, and have difficulty bearing any weight ...Read more
How long does it take a broken ankle to heal? It's been almost two months and i'm still in tremendous pain.
Varies: It depends on how serious of a fracture you sustained, how it was treated, and how compliant you were with your doctor's orders. Did you have surgery to repair the break or were you placed in a cast? Did you stay off the foot? Severe pain after 2 months is not common, but it may depend on specifics. I recommend you follow up with your specialist who can better assess the healing process. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: It depends on what bone and how serious the break. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- About how long does it take for a broken big toe to heal
- How long does it take for a broken hand to heal with surgery?
- About how long does it take for a broken toe to heal
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take a broken ankle to heal?
- How long does it usually take for a sprained ankle to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture to heal in the ankle?
- How long does it take a broken blood vessel in the eye to heal?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free