Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Broken Ankle To Heal
Varies: In an average healthy person, the fracture will likely heal within 6-8 weeks. However, the sports functionality of the ankle may not return to normal for nearly 6-12 months. This depends on the severity of the initial injury and the subsequent rehab of the ankle. Your orthopedist will guide you through your recovery process. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How long does it take a broken ankle to heal? It's been almost two months and i'm still in tremendous pain.
Varies: It depends on how serious of a fracture you sustained, how it was treated, and how compliant you were with your doctor's orders. Did you have surgery to repair the break or were you placed in a cast? Did you stay off the foot? Severe pain after 2 months is not common, but it may depend on specifics. I recommend you follow up with your specialist who can better assess the healing process. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: It depends on what bone and how serious the break. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a broken ankle to heal?
- How long will it take to heal a broken ankle?
- How long will it take a broken ankle to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for broken ribs to heal?
- How long does it take to heal a broken patella?
- How long does a broken jaw take to heal?
- How long does a broken fibula take to heal?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free