Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take For A Big Toe Fracture To Heal
6 to 8 weeks: Usually at a minimum 6 to 8 weeks but pain swelling persists longer, but must have the correct diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
How long DES it take to heal bone fracture in 81 year old after surgery (big toe fracture and wrist dislocation)?
See 1 more doctor answer
Get evaluated: Most toe fractures without out apparent deformity other than swelling heal with minimal treatment other than stiff soled opened toe shoe +- buddy taping. The great toe needs at least an xray and advice of a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon as to whether or not surgery is necessary to prevent deformity and or arthritis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
You should be able..: You should be able to wear a stiff soled shoe without difficulty. A break in the bones of the toes typically can be treated with splinting as long as it is not near a joint line (intra-articular). If it is, it may need a different type of immobilization such as an apropulsive shoe like a post-operative shoe or shoe such as mbt. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the best diet and routines i can add to my life to help the healing process of a bone fracture (broken big toe)?
That toe : Fracture is getting to you. Relax, be thankful it was not worse. You didn't tell us how you broke it. One thing you can check is your vitamin d levels, many people are low. Make sure yours are normal, if not supplement as per your doc to get them normal. Again, your injury doesn't sound so severe, so try and relax. Sounds like you will heal fine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- About how long does it take for a broken big toe to heal
- How long does it take for a toe fracture to heal?
- How long does it take for a hairline fracture in the foot to heal?
- How long does it take for a wrist fracture to heal?
- How long will it take for a fractured toe to heal?
- How long does it take for a radial head fracture to heal?
- About how long does it take for a broken toe to heal
- How long will it take for a hairline fracture in a toe to heal?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free