Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take Broken Fingers To Heal
About six weeks: Most distal radius fractures are headed enough to use after six weeks. Complete healing includes remodeling will take a year. ...Read more
Broken hand bones: For simple uncomplicated fractures in fingers or the metacarpals ( long bones) take 6-8 weeks to heal, however some wrist bones such as the scaphoid and others may take longer as the blood supply in these is not as straightforward. Open fractures and higher energy injuries may take longer. The quality of the soft tisse and nerve supply and circulation in an injury zone may lengthen healing times. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Leg Fracture: It depends what you are calling a leg fracture. Clinically the leg involves the tibia and fibula. If the tibia is fractured with or without the fibula and it is treated in a cast then it will take on the average of 8 weeks. If it is only the fibula and it depends if it is near the ankle or closer to the knee. Most will heal in 6 weeks. If this is a pediatric patient the fracture heals 4-6 weeks. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long will it take a broken finger to heal?
- How long will a broken finger take to heal?
- How long does it take for broken leg to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for broken ribs to heal?
- How long does it take to heal a broken patella?
- How long does a broken jaw take to heal?
- How long does it take for a broken ankle to heal?
- How long does it take a broken finger bone to heal?