Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take Benicar To Work
Benicar: Benicar is an angiotensin receptor binder or arb anti-hypertensive. It is absorbed and quickly metabolised in the gut. On average the drug should begin working within 20-40 minutes of ingestion. It works on a complex feedback system and can take up to two weeks before seeing any effects on your blood pressure. After two weeks your doctor may decide to adjust the dose if no benefits are seen. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Benicar onset: Benicar (B) is a member of the angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) class of drugs. It works by remodeling the endothelium (E) of blood vessels, which makes them less stiff and it lowers BP that way. It takes about 2 weeks for B to remodel the E. Once B is stopped, the E begins to change to become stiffer, or less compliant and the BP rises. So, the answer to your question is about 2 weeks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
About an hour: It takes time for the medicine to be absorbed from the GI tract. Generally, you can expect to start seeing the effect after an hour. However, you will need to take the medicine daily for the medicine to reach its maximum effect after about 2 weeks. ...Read more
Dear MD, Pharma: How long it takes for Benicar/HCT to be completely out of your system. How long it continue to control BP after you stop it.
Mom takes Benicar hct for BP but was told to go off it (lost weight, BP normalizing). How long does Benicar hct stay in your system after stopping?
About 3-4: Days before completely eliminated from system.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for claritin to work?
- How long does it take for miralax to work?
- How long does it take for lisinopril to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for b12 injections to work?
- How long does it take zyrtec to work?
- How long does it take for monistat 3 to work?
- How long does it take a stool softener to work?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free