Doctor insights on:
How Long Does It Take A Shoulder Sprain To Heal
3-6 weeks: A sprain or strain of the shoulder involves injury to the tendon, muscle and bursa. This is usually self limiting and requires 3-6 weeks of healing time. Ice, nsaid's and activity modification can help with symptoms. Occasionally oral and/or injectable steroids are needed to reduce inflammation. Therapy is also an option. See a board certified orthopaedic surgeon for evaluation and treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Depends on what caused the soreness. Inflammatory issues such as tendinitis & bursitis are unpredictable & best managed with rest, cortisone injections, & rehab exercises. A tear may never "heal" on its own depending on severity & often requires repair. A low grade partial tear may heal with rest & rehab. See an orthopedic surgeon. ...Read more
What kind of shoulder sprain are we talking about here? I have recently had an accident involving a steel wire and a hard hit to my shoulder, and now, whenever i try to lift my left arm, i can't.
Why does a shoulder sprain or strain cause pain under the breast? As in where underwire of bra would sit. Is it better to wear bra or no bra to help?
How long does it take for a sprain on your left chest above your breast under your shoulder to heal ? I'm 17 and weigh 86 pounds and I'm 5,6.
Seriously skinny!: You are very thin for your size. Unless this is familial you may be underweight from malnutrition. That will make healing from anything way tougher. Please get evaluated as soon as possible. Severe low weight due to poor diet can cause serious medical problems. Decrease activities that cause pain for now. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a wrist sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a foot sprain to heal?
- How long does it take a bad sprain in your back to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a sprain to heal?
- How long does it take a sprained joint to heal?
- How long does it take a hand sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a sprained ankle to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free