Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Is Take For A Pulled Muscle To Heal
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
2-6 weeks: A pulled muscle is also known as a "strain" . Astrain is a tearing of the muscle tissue and as such has to heal . Depending on the area and the amount of the tear it can heal (just like a cut ) in about to 2- 6 weeks. ...Read more
How long does it take for a pulled muscle in the shoulder to heal. Excruciating pain that comes and goes and spreads to my neck and ear. Dr says swoll?
4-6 Weeks: It take awhile for the muscle to heal especially if the muscle had bad damage. ...Read more
A cremaster muscle strain takes long time to heal?Is it felt in groin?Ive pulled something i know but what's it neither doc/physical exam/usg reveals.
Other option: A sprain/strain is when a ligament/tendon is injured by overstretching. There may be minimal or quite a bit of damage to it. Inflammation (redness, warmth, tenderness, and swelling) occurs as a natural healing process. The key is minimize further damage while keeping the area flexible/mobile. Ice massage (24-36 hours), elevation, gentle rom, motrin/advil are the keys to maximize healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Days to weeks: Some muscles heal quickly while others may take much longer to heal. If in doubt of the diagnosis, see your doctor. ...Read more
2-12 weeks: Depending on severity and treatment.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends on tear: This really depends on what muscle was involved and what grade of tear (strain) is involved. Rather than immobilization, gentle mobilization exercises are helpful to prevent scarring and possible chronic pain. Typically, a grade 3 tear, it can take 8-12 weeks to completely heal. Obviously, with lesser injury. Working with a physical therapist or certified athletic trainer can be helpful. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a pulled muscle in your neck to heal?
- How long does it take for a pulled muscle in your lower back to heal?
- How long does it take for a pulled groin muscle to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it usually take for a groin muscle injury to heal?
- How long does it take for an average pulled leg muscle take to heal?
- How long does it take to heal a pulled muscle?
- How long does a pulled muscle take to heal in your neck?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free