Doctor insights on:
How Long Does High Blood Pressure Associated With Preeclampsia Last
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Yes, a criteria: Preeclampsia is clinically defined as hypertention and proteinuria (protein in urine) with/out edema occuring after 20 wks of pregnancy. So, hypertention is a required component for the diagnosis. Help is severe preeclampsia involing hemolytic anemia, liver dysfuctions, and low platelet count. These are very important illnesses and follow-up with doc asap/regularly is strongly advised...Good luck. ...Read more
Many risks-"toxemia": A woman has a higher chance of developing preeclampsia if she has a history of it or hypertension, is diabetic, has certain kidney or autoimmune disease, has >1 fetus, is at an age extreme (young or midlife), etc. If she does develop preeclampsia, complications include the condition progressing to eclampsia (convulsions) or to strokes, kidney damage, bleeding, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Excellent question!: Women with preeclampsia are at increased risk for chronic hypertension years later. Women who actually seized with eclampsia in their pregnancy show residual neurobehavioral subtle changes decades later (poor memory/focus). So, we are not telling the whole story when we say that preeclampsia is a pregnancy disorder, it has after-effects that persist long after the woman's reproductive life is over. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I go to the doctor regular and im 21 weeks preg.I have chronic high blood pressure and take methyldopa twice a day..Could severe preeclamsia occur suddenly and me not know it or would there most likely be symptoms?
How many weeks after giving birth do you expect high blood pressure caused by preeclampsia to go back to normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does high blood pressure associated with hyperthyroidism last?
- How long does high blood pressure associated with molar pregnancy last?
- How long does blood in urine associated with kidney stones last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does blood in stool associated with food allergies last?
- How long does coughing up blood associated with pulmonary embolus last?
- How long does swollen ankles associated with preeclampsia last?
- How long does blood in urine associated with cystitis last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online