Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Headaches Associated With Preeclampsia Last
Im 28 weeks pregnant and have bad headache dizziness and blurred vision could this be preeclampsia? Had this in last pregnancy.
Also called cephalalgia, is pain anywhere in the region of the head or neck, & can be a symptom of a number of conditions affecting those areas. It originates from pain-sensitive structures such as cranium, muscles, nerves, vessels, subcutaneous tissues, eyes, ears, sinuses & mucous membranes. It is non-specific symptom & can be primary such as tension ha, or secondary ...Read more
Unlikely: Headaches are super common in pregnancy. Most often due to not drinking enough. Also due to hormone changes. Drink until your urine is clear, try some tylenol. If you were someone who had migraines b4 pregnancy, you may need to consult a headache specialist to discuss headache mngmt in pregnancy. Preeclampsia very rare at 13 weeks. Need protein in urine and possibly prob w/ liver or blood too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unlikely: Preeclampsia, the state before eclampsia, which is seizures in pregnancy, is diagnosed as mild or severe. Mild depends soley on bp, greater than 140/90, or not pre-existing before 20 weeks, and proteinuria. Severe needs the mild conditions, then adds either a higher bp, more protein, visual changes, and headache, with a few others, but elevated BP is required. ...Read more
My sister has a pheochromocytoma. I've had pancreatitis, cholecystitis, ulcers and a kidney stone, preeclampsia, cluster headaches.Could this be pheo?
No: In 1961 Sipple described a combination of a pheochromocytoma, medullary thyroid carcinoma and parathyroid adenoma, the MEN syndrome. Unless the kidney stones are related to parathyroid disease, your symptoms are GB stones and secondary pancreatitis. You do not have the classic signs of a Pheo which would have to be confirmed on abdominal scan and show presence of serum epinephrine derivatives . ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Until you deliver: As above.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does headache associated with the flu last?
- How long does headache associated with gastroenteritis last?
- How long does headache associated with viral meningitis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does nausea associated with migraine headaches last?
- How long does visual aura associated with migraine headaches last?
- How long does neck pain associated with migraine headaches last?
- How long does headaches associated with anemia last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free