Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Headaches Associated With Cytomegalovirus Last
About 2-6 weeks.: Transmission of CMV may not even involve any symptoms, let alone fever. If it does occur, clinical illness from cmv, which is most commonly manifested by mononucleosis in normal hosts beyond the neonatal periode, lasts 2-6 weeks, and can include prolonged high fevers, chills, malaise, and fatigue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The medical term is cephalalgia. It is a feeling of pain that can occur on either both sides or just one side of the head or neck. Headaches can be sharp, dull, or throbbing, and can radiate to different areas of the head. They typically last less than an hour but can ...Read more
Cytomegalovirus IgG is 9.26. What does that mean re. How long i've had it, how contagious it is, etc.? What are next steps on managing this? Help!
CMV positive: This means that you have been exposed and infected sometime in the past. Most adults have had CMV in the past. As long as you are not having symptoms like sore throat, fever, lymph nodes, or fatigue it is likely months past. The igm test is what looks at recent infection (either active or in last several weeks) you are not likely contagious if only igg positive. You are immune. ...Read more
Can a cytomegalovirus (cmv) infection cause intense rib and chest pain that lasts for up to 6 weeks?
They often do: If a woman never had a CMV infection prior to pregnancy, she is susceptible.Since the infection is often dismissed as a mild flu in adults, a mom may experience it during pregnancy, transmit it to the fetus & never know either had it until baby shown up with features of a congenital infection. If acquired late in pregnancy, the child may show few signs other than progressive hearing loss. ...Read more
OK: CMV is a common infection in people who have HIV. BUT having CMV does not mean you have HIV. In people who don't have HIV, CMV is a common usually harmless infection. Most people don't experience any symptoms but for the immunosuppressed and fetuses it can cause serious problems. There is no cure although antivirals can be used and there is no vaccine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does vomiting associated with cytomegalovirus last?
- How long does fever associated with cytomegalovirus last?
- How long does lymphadenopathy associated with cytomegalovirus last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does cough associated with cytomegalovirus last?
- How long does sore throat associated with cytomegalovirus last?
- How long does abdominal pain associated with cytomegalovirus last?
- How long does headaches associated with listeria last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online