Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Gonorrhea Treatment Last
Usually just 1 dose: The most common treatment is a single dose of metronidazole (Flagyl® and others) or tinidazole (Tindamax®), although treatment for 5-7 days is more reliable. Vaginal discharge should lessen in a couple of days, but it make take a week or more to clear up completely. If your symptoms aren't gone after a week, return to your doctor for further evaluation. Your sex partner(s) also must be treated. ...Read more
Unique to patient...: Duration of hpv infections are unique to each patient. An "average" person may clear an hpv infection in a couple of years; however, complete clearance depends upon the strain of hpv, immune status of the person, nutrition, and smoking (among other things). Cigarette smokers have a more difficult time with hpv. See a doc or visit a clinic for an exam and pap test with hpv dna test. Be well. ...Read more
90 days or 3 months: It depends on the host's immune system, interaction with other bacteria and environmental circumstances, exposure to antibiotics but generally MRSA can live up to 90 days or 3 months. A host can be colonized with MRSA indefinitely and not even be aware, therefore being a constant source of contamination. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: With treatment it should clear up in ten days in a immunocompetent patient. If patient has deep seated infections such as endocarditis, ventilator associated pneumonia or bacteremia, or in a immunocompromised person, it may take weeks before it clears out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does gonorrhea last without treatment?
- How long does gonorrhea last in the throat?
- How long does gonorrhea treatment take to work?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does pink eye last with treatment?
- How long does oral thrush last with treatment?
- How long does scabies last with treatment?
- How long does scabies last after treatment?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free