Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Gastroenteritis Last In Child
Thrush in Men: Unless you have just completed an antibiotic, thush is very uncommon in men. You should see a physician to exclude a disorder of the immune system if a thrush infection does not follow use of antibiotics or the thrush infection lasts longer than fourteen days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Measles and cough: Cough, runny nose, fever, inflamed eyes and sore throat usually precede the onset of the rash. Cough and other symptoms generally lasts for 2 to 3 days although can continue with rash. A person with measles can spread the virus to others for about eight days, starting four days before the rash appears and ending when the rash has been present for four days. ...Read more
It doesn't: A cold is a viral upper respiratory infection characterized by sore throat, runny and congested nose. A cold does not cause diarrhea. Enteroviruses, norovirus, rotavirus an others can cause intestinal infection and diarrhea that resolves after several days. There are also many other conditions that cause diarrhea. If yours persists see your doctor. ...Read more
Depends: As long as the infection stays present. Some cases it will improve spontaneously in others it may require antibiotics and further care. ...Read more
1-2 weeks: With a stomach flu or gastroenteritis, the nervous impulses to the gut can be mixed up. Flow though the tract can be irregular causing cramping and sometimes delayed emptying of the stomach. Night-only vomiting is usually related to poor flow and overfilling of the stomach. This limited vomiting does not usually lead to dehydration. Call dr if the vomiting worsens, is pine green or worsens. ...Read more
Depends on what : Your definition of diarrhea is and how old your baby is. Babies dehydrate very quickly and you do not want to wait . It is best to call your pediatrician immediately for guidance.In the meantime, offer your baby soy milk protein, lactose free formula or isomil df to help with the diarrhea ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does appetite associated with gastroenteritis last?
- How long does malaise associated with gastroenteritis last?
- How long does myalgia associated with gastroenteritis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does fever associated with gastroenteritis last?
- How long does gastroenteritis last in adults?
- How long does heartburn associated with gastroenteritis last?
- How long does nausea associated with gastroenteritis last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online