Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Fussiness Associated With Fifth Disease Last
The term "irritability" is used for infants and young children who, when ill, are especially fussy, whiny, and fretful, despite attempts at comforting and soothing them. Irritability can be a very early sign of serious problems. Although irritability is not a symptom of any specific illness, it should arouse suspicion in the parent that something might be wrong with the child, even though there may not ...Read more
Ten days`: Fifth's disease is a viral illness and can trigger a cough as any viral illness can. Usually the cough is one of the last symptoms to go away and can last for tendays or even longer. The key is that by ten days the cough is clearly getting better. If not then it would be worth seeing your physician. ...Read more
1-3 weeks: The symptoms of fifth disease usually resolve in 1-3 weeks. If you suspect you may have been exposed to 5th disease, caused by parvovirus b19, see your ob/gyn right away to get tested. Although most pregnant woman and their fetuses will be fine, some fetuses can develop severe anemia. ...Read more
2-3 weeks...: ...On average, in my experience.Get a more detailed answer ›
Fifth disease is a condition in which a person (usually a child) has a rash due to "parvovirus B19" infection. The mild rash may resemble a "slapped-cheek" with reddened cheeks. Joint pain, fever, and general flu-like symptoms may also occur. This infection goes away without treatment in healthy children and adults, but pregnant ...Read more
A fussy infant or child is one who may be more irritable than usual. She may not eat as much as usual and may have trouble sleeping. A fussy baby may have an infection, teeth coming in, a tummy ache, or just be distressed due to a change of schedule or "having a bad day". If it persists or she can't sleep or eat anything, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does fussiness associated with congenital heart disease last?
- How long does decreased sleep associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does crying associated with fifth disease last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does cough associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does slapped cheek rash associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does rash associated with fifth disease last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online