Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Frostbite Take To Heal
7-10 days: "sun poisoning" is just severe sunburn. It should be treated with cool washcloths applied as often as feasible, and Ibuprofen or a similar anti-inflammatory for the pain and inflammation. Then, please heed the lesson mr. Sun is trying to teach you by applying a good broad-spectrum sunscreen lotion every day, and reapplying it frequently while you are in the sun. ...Read more
Torn ACL won't heal: A torn acl will not heal routinely unless it is a nondisplaced bony avulsion that is acutelt identified and treated as though it were just reconstructed. Most torn acls result in pain and instability with activities that require a rapid rotation or pvioting maneuver and end up need a reconstructinve surgery to replace the torn ligament with a graft. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Varies by temp: Frostbite occurs more quickly at lower temperatures. So if temp is just around 32 degrees, it could take hours. If temp is below zero, could occur as quickly as 5-10 minutes on exposed skin. Also, injured skin (dry chapped cheeks) is susceptible more quickly. And with things like dry ice, frostbite can occur almost instantaneously - so be careful! ...Read more
Protective Cushion: With injury to our skin, inflammation occurs which means the area becomes red, warm, tender and with swelling. Swelling occurs under the skin layers and causes them to bulge creating a protective fluid cushion called a blister. As the area heals, the fluid will be resorbed or when no longer needed, the blister opens and it drains. This should take about a week. Keep it covered and protected. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does liver damage take to heal?
- How long does it take for broken leg to heal?
- How long does it take to heal from shingles?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a sprained foot take to heal?
- How long does it take to heal a fractured foot?
- How long does a cold sore take to heal?
- How long does it take for carpal tunnel to heal?
- How long does it take to heal from an angiogram?