Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Fever Associated With Strep Throat Last
1-3 days: On average. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Response within 48H: I usually see the fever begin to drop within 36-48 hrs depending on the type of abx i use(based on allergy profile). Persistence of fever generally means there is a co-existing viral process or something like mononucleosis that can occur together. ...Read more
Fever and strep: Hello, it depends on the infection, the intensity or degree of inoculation, your immune status and overall state of health. Typically, the infection and fever will be treated with medicine to reduce the fever like Acetaminophen or an antibiotic. You should see the fever resolve with a few days. If it persists, see your doctor for another evaluation. ...Read more
1-3 days after: After you start appropriate treatment for appropriately diagnosed strep throat, the fever usually resolves within a couple of days. If it lasts longer than 3 days after taking medicine as prescribed, you should contact the doctor as you may have developed an abcess that needs draining or other complication. It would also be possible the wrong diagnosis was made, and need to make sure on right meds. ...Read more
I was diagnosed. Yesterday with strep throat. They gave me a shot of bicilon how long does it take to kick in and the fever will go away?
Typically 48 hours.: Bicillin injection is convenient, but rather painful and expensive way to treat strep. In most cases, the good old penicillin is the #1 recommended treatment for strep infection. Oral formualtion is much cheaper. Typically, you should see improvement from strep (if the bug is sensitive to it) quite rapidly, often within 48 hours. If by tomorrow n u r not better, consult doc. Good luck. ...Read more
My son has been on antibiotics for the last 2 days for strep throat, he is still running a fever and is showing symptoms of a cold, is this normal?
Yes: Was the strep throat confirmed with a test? It is possible that it is just that a cold. However, if it is strep, the recommended course is Ten days, so as long as he is not worsening I would not be concerned. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does rash associated with strep throat last?
- How long does enlarged lymph nodes associated with strep throat last?
- How long does loss of appetite associated with strep throat last?
- How long does bad breath associated with strep throat last?
- How long does rash on abdomen associated with strep throat last?
- How long does nasal congestion associated with strep throat last?
- How long does decreased appetite associated with strep throat last?
- How long does crying associated with strep throat last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free