Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Fever Associated With Pulmonary Embolus Last
How can you tell the difference in pain between pleurisy, a kidney stone or pulmonary embolus? Pain when taking deep breath. No fever. Heat helps.
Need other symptoms: To determine the difference b/w pleurisy (infx/inflammation of lining of lungs), pulm embolism (PE), & nephrolithiasis, u need more info. Kidney stones cause flank pain (to sides), & blood in urine or pain w/ urination. Pleurisy normally involves chills, swea, cough, other S/Sx of inflamm. PE causes shortness of breath, low oxygenation, which can b measured. TTYD 4 testing if u suspect 1 of these. ...Read more
Usually a blood clot that migrates from one area of the body to another. Most commonly a clot from a leg vein to the lung . It can also pertain to a clot, or atheromatous material that moves from one segment to another, such as cholesterol material in a carotid lesion moving into the ...Read more
How long following initial treatment of a pulmonary embolism do chest pains and light-headedness last? What symptoms would merit emergency treatment?
In a few days: Chest pain and sob should improve with time.The blood clots may take up to 3 months to totally rescue but the symptoms improve much faster. Most of the time within a matter of days.Emergency treatment is required if the oxygen level is low or if the BP is low. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long should I expect to be off work for after being diagnosed with a large saddle pulmonary embolism?
It depends: We always treat patients with DVT and pulmonary embolus for a minimum of 6 months and usually 12. Work-up for hypercoagulability (predisposition for abnormal blood clotting) is always performed, usually after the year of Coumadin treatment. If you have a hypercoagulable state as determined by blood testing, you may need anti coagulation for life. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I had a pulmonary embolism last week and my chest/side pain was gone but now it is back and severe. Should I be going to the ER or is this normal?
How long will it take a 21 yr old healthy female athlete to recover from a pulmonary embolism caused by birth control?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does chest pain associated with pulmonary embolus last?
- How long does coughing up blood associated with pulmonary embolus last?
- How long does lung damage associated with pulmonary embolus last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does leg cramps associated with pulmonary embolus last?
- How long does fever associated with strep throat last?
- How long does fever associated with croup last?
- How long does fever associated with genital herpes last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free