Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Fever Associated With Mastitis Last
I have mastitis and fever. Shared a bowl of icecream with my baby without thinking. Is mastitis contagious?
Have a periductal mastitis causing high fever .(99.9-103.6) Can't afford to see a doctor, how can I treat it at home.
I’m 28, mastitis, got a fever of 38.7℃, penicillin skin test +, and my baby is 40 days old. What treatment should I take? can I breastfeeding？
Dxd mastitis on tuesday, prescription dicloxacill 500 mg qid. 11 doses so far, fever still 99.6, breast very red, pain improved but still hurts to use that pec.?
Have you called Dr ?: While Dicloxacillin is usually an excellent choice, sometimes it does not work the way we would hope to. Are you nursing? If so you should be nursing through the pain, sorry but it helps it clear faster. Also putting moist warm towels and standing in a hot shower will help. At any rate, get back to your doctor with feedback on how you are doing! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blocked duct or mastitis? Red hot patch on breast. Its very tender, full feeling, no lump or fever yet but feeling achy & tired Started <24 hours ago
My left breast near my armpit is sore to touch with lumps. No fever, redness or flu symptoms. Is it mastitis? I breastfeed
Resolve w/ treatment: Malaise with a breast abscess is not a common symptom. This usually means a more serious infection that may be beyond the breast. Treatment for a breast abscess include drainage/aspiration and antibiotics. I highly recommend you contact your doctor for a complete evaluation. ...Read more
Depends on cause.: Infectious mastitis (and the pain associated with it) resolves as the infection is treated with antibiotics. However, some mastitis is hormone-related and occurs each and every month with menstrual cycles, or can occur when oral contraceptives (hormones) are changed. Recurrent mastitis can aslo be seen in breast feeding mothers, which is a combination of the two issues above. Every woman is unique. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does malaise associated with mastitis last?
- How long does breast firmness associated with mastitis last?
- How long does breast aches associated with mastitis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does breast erythema associated with mastitis last?
- How long does breast lumpiness associated with mastitis last?
- How long does fever associated with syphilis last?
- How long does fever associated with listeria last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free