Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Fever Associated With Intussusception Last
Less than a week: Depends on how severe the intussusception was. Usually after successful radiographic reduction, blood in the stool should resolve within a week. If there is persistent lower GI bleeding, then need to consider other causes (eg polyps, meckel diverticulum, etc) that could account for both problems. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My 3.5 yr old had surgery for intussusception last month. He has complained 3x tonight of tummy pain and it woke him up once. Should i be concerned ?
It is age dependent: Most occur in children from 3-12 months and have no pathologic reason for them to occur and are 'reduced' by an air/contrast enema. When older, there may a 'lead' point and require surgery to remove the lead point. With newer scans, they are seen frequently and have no meaning. Occasionally, they occur after surgery and are related to disordered awakening of motility of the bowel. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: In children below age 4 with less than 2 prior episodes of intussuception diagnosed by ultrasound or contrast enema (an x-ray exam) who do not have peritonitis or an advanced bowel obstruction, an attempt should be made at hydrostatic reduction of the intussuception. If this is not successful then the patient may need an operation to correct the intussuception. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Treatment can often be as simple as a hydrostatic (water pressure) enema under the guidance of a radiologist.The child is monitored by staff as contrast material is introduced into the bottom thru a tube & visualixed on xray. If successful, the kid is monitored for a time & checked for things that might trigger the problem. Occasionally, surgery will be needed to fix it & look for trigger points. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does fever associated with strep throat last?
- How long does fever associated with croup last?
- How long does fever associated with genital herpes last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does fever associated with hand foot mouth last?
- How long does fever associated with urinary tract infection last?
- How long does fever associated with viral meningitis last?
- How long does fever associated with overheated last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free