Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Fever Associated With Gastroenteritis Last
How to stop vomitting? How long does gastroenteritis (stomach flu) last and how to keep energized and hydrated?
Depends: If its moderate nausea then oral agents like Compazine (prochlorperazine) can be used. If even pills can't stay down rectal compazine (prochlorperazine). Once this calms the nausea use this as an oppurtunity to take in ice chips. Dont over do it . If you push too hard you will only throw up again and will progressively get more dehydrated. ...Read more
A few days or more: Most stomach viruses last a few days. A few such as rota virus can last a week or longer. Regardless of duration, if a stomach virus makes you dehydrated that can hurt you. And if you are vomiting green bile, or blood, or have bloody diarrhea, or severe stomach pains, you should see a doctor right away. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Quench thirst
- Quantum thyroid complex
- Quantum therapy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Quantum thyroid complex botanical supplement
- Is it safe to go snowboarding 5 months after getting a total hip replacement?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free