Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Excoriations Associated With Infected Insect Bites Last
Insect bites are from mosquitos, spiders, flies, ticks, and other species that use their mandibles (jaws) to attach to a person or other animal. They can then suck blood out of their "prey" and leave saliva proteins that cause itching and swelling. Other insect species, like bees, yellow jackets, wasps, hornets and fire ants actually inject venom into their prey and can not only cause localized pain and swelling, but severe, acute allergic reactions in ...Read more
Used bactroban (mupirocin) cream on infected insect bites, all healed but left with whiter skin where i used the cream because have tanned legs, will it even out?
Should resolve : While I am strongly opposed to tanning since it damages your skin, the white spots developed because of the problem you had on your skin beforehand. This is called post inflammatory hypopigmentation and will resolve with time if you wear sunscreen on your legs tell your legs are not so tan it will make the spots less noticeable till they resolve. ...Read more
Yes: If you think you have an infection then you should see the doctor. ...Read more
Antibiotic cream: Depending on the extent of the infection, if it is just local, then antibody cream or ointment would be very appropriate. If the infection is more extensive than you may need antibiotics. If it is deep into the kneecap then the pus would have to be evacuated as well as the use of antibiotics. ...Read more
Topical antibiotics: If the infection is local then topical antibiotic can be used. If it is deeper or more widespread then oral antibiotics. You would save more money by going to see your local physician. Then you will have a way to follow up by the same physician who treated you. This continuity of care is more important to your final outcome. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does rash on back associated with infected insect bites last?
- How long does rash associated with infected insect bites last?
- How long does excoriations associated with scabies last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is excoriations a symptom of infected insect bites?
- How long does an insect bite last?
- How to tell if an insect bite is infected?
- How to treat infected insect bite?
- Talk to a dermatologist online