Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Erythema Migrans Last
I'm just wondering, if you get erythema migrans from a tick bite is it indicative of Lyme disease?
Possibly: That is one cause. There are others. ...Read more
Red skin is a symptom in which part or all of a person's skin is redder than normal. Redness is usually caused by increased blood (red colored) in the reddened area. Increased blood flow can be due to allergies, inflammation, infection, hormonal changes, nerve problems, ...Read more
Rash like erythema migrans on 10-yo face, but itchy, no known tick, & nothing flu-like. Saw dr who guessed random bite. No rx. 2nd opinions, please?
1-3 weeks: It is, of course, variable based on each patient. Em is most often self-limited. Mild cases can resolve in 1-2 weeks but more advanced cases can take longer to resolve. ...Read more
My 9 y/o son was diagnosis w/erythema multiforme. He takes xyzal (levocetirizine) to keep the rash minimal but this has lasted 3 mo. Does EM last this long?
Allergy?: Erythema multiforme may be from an allergy to medications, or a viral infection which lasts 2-6 weeks if it is mild. If it's worse by now you may want to see your doctor again. Here is a handout on EM: http://www.wikidoc.org/index.php/Erythema_multiforme_%28patient_information%29 ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Weeks : It takes time for redness of the skin from infection to resolve. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does breast erythema associated with breast abscess last?
- How long does diffuse rash associated with erythema multiforme last?
- How long does erythema of hands and feet associated with syphilis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does breast erythema associated with mastitis last?
- How long does rash associated with erythema multiforme last?
- Erythema migrans
- Erythema chronica migrans
- Talk to a dermatologist online