Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Duodenitis Take To Heal
Depends: Most episodes of diverticulitis improve within 2-3 days of starting antibiotics and you are back to normal within a week. About 20% will not respond to antibiotic treatment and will need to have the infected segment of colon removed. If you are not getting better contact your doctor or go the the emergency room. ...Read more
6 to 8 wks: Typically for gastric/duodenal ulcers, recommended treatment with an acid-blocker for about 6-8 wks for complete healing. Mild cases may need less time and severe cases may need more. Your health and nutritional status, age, and adherance to treatment all determine how quickly and complete you heal. Removing/treating the cause is very important. If u have trouble, consult doc. Good luck. ...Read more
Ulcers: How long it takes an ulcer to heal depends on whether the underlying factors which caused it are improved. Ulcers could heal in as little as a week, but if, for example, H pylori is still present or if the patient is taking NSAIDs, or if they are not put on any medicines to heal the ulcer, it could take much longer. Hope that helps. ...Read more
It depends: Simple subcutaneous fistulotomy can heal in 7-10 days. Fistula procedures done for complex (high trans-sphincteric, multi- channel...) may take weeks or require a staged approach. It really can be a case that you cannot know for certain until your surgery. Advanced techniques in europe utilize fistuloscope for precise and - hopefully comprehensive single stage treatment - evolving technology. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does liver damage take to heal?
- How long does it take for broken leg to heal?
- How long does it take to heal from shingles?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a sprained foot take to heal?
- How long does it take to heal a fractured foot?
- How long does a cold sore take to heal?
- How long does it take for carpal tunnel to heal?
- How long does it take to heal from an angiogram?