Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Diarrhea Associated With Viral Meningitis Last
My son (6) had viral meningitis (enterovirus) last week. He was good for 3 days then got a temp (38.2) and now has chronic diarrhear. Is this normal?
Aseptic meningitis is a condition caused by a viral infection that results in inflammation of the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord. It occurs more often in the summer and fall months. Although aseptic (or viral) meningitis is a serious disease, patients generally recover. There may be no additional symptoms present or individuals may have symptoms of a cold or a rash ...Read more
My partner has no appetite, headaches, vomiting, diarrhea, tired all the time for the past siz months, but won't go to the doctors, should he. He was diagnosed with viral meningitis 11 months ago, collapsed at work unconcious a couple of months ago but he
Usually until the : Infection has essentially run its course over one to two weeks and the degree of symptoms is very variable. ...Read more
Days to weeks: Viral meningitis typically only requires supportive therapy and patients recover after days to weeks. Most viruses responsible for causing meningitis are not amenable to specific treatment and conservative measures such as fluid, bedrest, and analgesics are usually effective. ...Read more
How long does the viral meningitis virus stay in your body? If i feel completely fine after 12 days, does it mean I am cured?
I spoke to a doctor about my viral meningitis lasting longer than a month he suggested i go back to ER to get hooked up to an IV to get hydrat in brai?
When someone is symptom free from viral meningitis, are they no longer contagious? My friend just has a runny nose, otherwise he is fine, no fever.
Loose stools is a symptom in which a person's stool (poop) does not hold its shape after it goes into the toilet. Instead of remaining a shaped piece of poop, the poop spreads out in the toilet bowl water. Very loose stool is called diarrhea. Loose stool can be caused by infections, certain foods or drinks, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does headache associated with viral meningitis last?
- How long does fever associated with viral meningitis last?
- How long does pink eye associated with viral meningitis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does rash associated with viral meningitis last?
- How long does photophobia associated with viral meningitis last?
- How long does vomiting associated with viral meningitis last?
- How long does crying associated with viral meningitis last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online