Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Diarrhea Associated With Intussusception Last
Intussusception is a condition where the bowel telescopes on itself. It occurs in 0.07% of infants and is most common between 4 - 9 months of age. It produces signs and symptoms of bowel blockage - Vomiting (in 81%), Bloody poos (in 61%) and abdominal pain (59%). The poos are sometimes said to look like red currant jelly. Ultrasound confirms the diagnosis. Treatment: ...Read more
Less than a week: Depends on how severe the intussusception was. Usually after successful radiographic reduction, blood in the stool should resolve within a week. If there is persistent lower GI bleeding, then need to consider other causes (eg polyps, meckel diverticulum, etc) that could account for both problems. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends on what : Your definition of diarrhea is and how old your baby is. Babies dehydrate very quickly and you do not want to wait . It is best to call your pediatrician immediately for guidance.In the meantime, offer your baby soy milk protein, lactose free formula or isomil df to help with the diarrhea ...Read more
Loose stools is a symptom in which a person's stool (poop) does not hold its shape after it goes into the toilet. Instead of remaining a shaped piece of poop, the poop spreads out in the toilet bowl water. Very loose stool is called diarrhea. Loose stool can be caused by infections, certain foods or drinks, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does fever associated with intussusception last?
- Decreased appetite and intussusception
- How long does decreased sleep associated with intussusception last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does diarrhea associated with celiac last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with dehydration last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with herpangina last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with eczema last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free