Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Diarrhea Associated With Intussusception Last
Loose stools is a symptom in which a person's stool (poop) does not hold its shape after it goes into the toilet. Instead of remaining a shaped piece of poop, the poop spreads out in the toilet bowl water. Very loose stool is called diarrhea. Loose stool can be caused by infections, certain foods or drinks, ...Read more
Less than a week: Depends on how severe the intussusception was. Usually after successful radiographic reduction, blood in the stool should resolve within a week. If there is persistent lower GI bleeding, then need to consider other causes (eg polyps, meckel diverticulum, etc) that could account for both problems. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
It depends on cause: Most viral gastroenteritis last an average of 3 days, some may last up to a week. The most important thing to consider is how well hydrated the child is, and if the child is able to keep fluids down. Be familiar with signs of dehydreation and consult your docor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on the cause: Diarrhea from viral infections should only last for a few days. Diarrhea from food sensitivities last for a much shorter period of time (a day or two). Prolonged diarrhea is concerning for bacterial or parasitic infection, or disease of the bowel from other causes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It doesn't: A cold is a viral upper respiratory infection characterized by sore throat, runny and congested nose. A cold does not cause diarrhea. Enteroviruses, norovirus, rotavirus an others can cause intestinal infection and diarrhea that resolves after several days. There are also many other conditions that cause diarrhea. If yours persists see your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does diarrhea associated with common cold last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with teething last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with gastroenteritis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does diarrhea associated with roseola last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with hand foot mouth last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with eczema last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free