Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Diarrhea Associated With Dehydration Last
Does water diarrhea and taking diuretics can deshydrate me? Does.Deshydration can lower my blood pressure? To 90/48?
causes dehydration: Watery diarrhea can result in the loss of fluids and important salts. During an episode of severe diarrhea it would be best to consult your doctor to hold your diuretics til it passes. Most non-bloody diarrhea is caused by viruses, but if it persisted you should be tested for other causes. Also, if the symptoms are prolonged, you may need to have blood work. Drink plenty of fluids like gatorade. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Loose stools is a symptom in which a person's stool (poop) does not hold its shape after it goes into the toilet. Instead of remaining a shaped piece of poop, the poop spreads out in the toilet bowl water. Very loose stool is called diarrhea. Loose stool can be caused by infections, certain foods or drinks, ...Read more
Depends on what : Your definition of diarrhea is and how old your baby is. Babies dehydrate very quickly and you do not want to wait . It is best to call your pediatrician immediately for guidance.In the meantime, offer your baby soy milk protein, lactose free formula or isomil df to help with the diarrhea ...Read more
Not long: Rarely more than a few hours.Get a more detailed answer ›
See answer: It usually lasts 1-5 days, but in 10-15% of patients it can last a week or more. In 2% of patients it can last a month.Antibiotics are indicated for more severe cases : more than 4 loose stools /day, if febrile or if blood or mucus is in stool. Milder cases may not need antibiotics. Imodium (loperamide) should be used to stop the diarrhea unless the patient is febrile or blood/mucus in stool. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Diarrhea and vomitting caught by both children and adults. What can we do and how long will it last?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does fontanel associated with dehydration last?
- How long does irritability associated with dehydration last?
- How long does fever associated with dehydration last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does diarrhea associated with sepsis last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with celiac last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with herpangina last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with eczema last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free