Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Decreased Appetite Associated With The Flu Last
The flu, otherwise known as influenza, is a viral infection of the nose and throat. Symptoms of influenza include fever, chills, runny nose, muscle aches, fatigue, malaise, headaches, and coughing. Children with the flu often have nausea and vomiting as well. Some strains of the flu are preventable by getting a yearly flu ...Read more
How long does fever last with the flu. I've been sick 5 days now. Temp is never over 100. So how long does fever usually last. ?
One season: The influenza vaccine is developed against influenza strains that are thought to be the one(s) most likely to cause an influenza epidemic. If the "guess" is correct then the vaccine might protect >60%. If not, then protection might not be that high. The more people who receive vaccine increases herd immunity making it less likely that there will be an epidemic. Also decreases febrile colds by 50%. ...Read more
Days to weeks: Fatigue aftrer influenza can last days to weeks. It depends on your general health, how il you were, and if you had any complcations such as sinus infection, or pneumonia. Some have a mild illness and may have minimal fatigue. Influenza is an acute severe illness. It can be prevented by yearly influenza vaccine ...Read more
HIV: Fever, lymphadenopathy, pharyngitis, rash, myalgia, malaise, mouth and esophageal sores, headache, nausea and vomiting, enlarged liver/spleen, weight loss, thrush, and neurological symptoms occur. Patients may have all, some, or none of these symptoms. The duration of symptoms varies, averaging 28 days and usually lasting at least a week. ...Read more
Markedly decreased appetite (anorexia) is a symptom in which a person has little appetite (little desire to eat food). Anorexia nervosa, however, is a psychiatric disorder in which a "too skinny" person believes she is too fat, and has an abnormal fear of eating ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Decreased appetite and intussusception
- Decreased appetite and herpangina
- How long does decreased appetite associated with food allergies last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does decreased appetite associated with sepsis last?
- How long does decreased appetite associated with common cold last?
- How long does decreased appetite associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does decreased appetite associated with bronchiolitis last?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free