Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Cyanosis Last
Depends: It depends entirely on the cause of the cyanosis. If it is due to a reversible phenomenon such as spasm of certain small blood vessels called arterioles, then cyanosis is treatable and can improve. There are many causes of cyanosis; some are untreatable. ...Read more
Cyanosis: Bluish discoloration.Get a more detailed answer ›
Newborn cyanosis: blue color to baby after birth is common. If in distress, breathing and oxygenation can be affected. Oxygen can be given after birth if a blue color appears after birth, especially with chest retractions and distress. Sometimes, it can occur with congenital heart issues, so referral is key to surgical repairs as indicated. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does cyanosis associated with aspirated foreign body last?
- How long does cyanosis associated with toxic ingestion last?
- How long does osteoporosis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does menapause last?
- How long does paraguard last?
- How long does novacaine last?
- How long does chickenpox last?
- Talk to a emergency medicine specialist online for free