Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Cyanosis Associated With Toxic Ingestion Last
Can asymptomatic liver disease caused by drug overdose present as mental illness due to toxic buildup?
Yes: Our liver is extremely important to keep our bodies in balance. By filtering and "getting rid" of substances that can harm our bodies, a healthy liver contributes to our overall health. Many patients with renal and liver problems, that are not properly treated or diagnosed, usually experience mental changes (in reasoning, memory, judgment,etc), that if left untreated can become permanent. ...Read more
Confused. So, if a baby swallowed a toxic button battery that burnt holes in GI tract, how would it be possible to not see symptoms 1 wk post ingestion?
Not that common: Button batteries are bad because the electric current does cause chemical burns in the GI tract. However, it usually only happens if the button is stuck somewhere. If a button keeps moving around and eventually out the anus, there may be no symptoms. Batteries that don't get stuck in the esophagus (and cause burns) usually pass through without burning any holes, but doctors do follow-up carefully. ...Read more
Trying to understand. Button batteries are very toxic if ingested. If they are burning holes in tissue wouldn't you see bad symptoms a week post ingestion?
Depends: It depends entirely on the cause of the cyanosis. If it is due to a reversible phenomenon such as spasm of certain small blood vessels called arterioles, then cyanosis is treatable and can improve. There are many causes of cyanosis; some are untreatable. ...Read more
I ingest something toxic ı guess , how can ı throw up? What are the methods vomiting ? ı having a hard time with trying vomit.
Toxic ingestion: Some toxic substances hold more damage when vimitted out. You need to seek help from nearest er. ...Read more
What happens if u ingest a small piece of plastic (like a sliver from a coffee cover lid)? Is it toxic? How does the body respond? Thanks!
You should expulse : It without much problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
Is this still in my blood i inhaled very toxic vapors that caused me to pass out stopped my air intake and caused skin rash and more side effects these were heavy petroleum tank type vapors that a fireman said son you just got poisoned and i see your skin
What is difference between raynaud and cyanosis? How do I know that i hv raynaud or something else? When it happens my finger tend to look bluish-grey
Raynauds is spasm : Raynaud's phenomenon is caused by a spasm in the vessels usually caused by exposure to cold. It starts with the finger tips, toes, tip of the nose, and or ears turning white. This is followed by a blue color (cyanosis ). When the blood vessel relaxes the skin flushes as the blood rushes back in. 2 color changes are required for diagnosing raynauds. Cyanosis is is simply blue from lack oxygen. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does vomit color associated with toxic ingestion last?
- How long does fatigue associated with toxic ingestion last?
- How long does forceful vomiting associated with toxic ingestion last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does cyanosis associated with aspirated foreign body last?
- How long does cyanosis last?
- How long does dry mouth associated with toxic exposure last?
- How long does disorientation associated with listeria last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online