Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Cyanosis Associated With Croup Last
Depends: It depends entirely on the cause of the cyanosis. If it is due to a reversible phenomenon such as spasm of certain small blood vessels called arterioles, then cyanosis is treatable and can improve. There are many causes of cyanosis; some are untreatable. ...Read more
Croup is a description of variety on upper respiratory tract condition in children, including laryngitis, laryngotracheitis, laryngotracheobronchitis, bacterial tracheitis or spasmodic croup. Common symptoms are: cough, inspiratory stridor, hoarseness, barking cough, sore ...Read more
Newborn cyanosis: blue color to baby after birth is common. If in distress, breathing and oxygenation can be affected. Oxygen can be given after birth if a blue color appears after birth, especially with chest retractions and distress. Sometimes, it can occur with congenital heart issues, so referral is key to surgical repairs as indicated. ...Read more
Cyanosis: Bluish discoloration.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does tachycardia associated with croup last?
- How long does listlessness associated with croup last?
- How long does fussiness associated with croup last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does hoarseness associated with croup last?
- How long does stridor associated with croup last?
- How long does cough associated with croup last?
- How long does fever associated with croup last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online