Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Crying Associated With Fifth Disease Last
Ten days`: Fifth's disease is a viral illness and can trigger a cough as any viral illness can. Usually the cough is one of the last symptoms to go away and can last for tendays or even longer. The key is that by ten days the cough is clearly getting better. If not then it would be worth seeing your physician. ...Read more
A viral illness caused by parvovirus, also known as Erthema Infectiosum. It starts with a "slapped cheek" rash on cheeks and a flat red spotted rash, mostly on the arms and upper legs. Once the rash appears, you are no longer contagious. It can be harmful to an unborn baby, if mom has never had it. Adults can get joint swelling and pain. You only get it ...Read more
1-3 weeks: The symptoms of fifth disease usually resolve in 1-3 weeks. If you suspect you may have been exposed to 5th disease, caused by parvovirus b19, see your ob/gyn right away to get tested. Although most pregnant woman and their fetuses will be fine, some fetuses can develop severe anemia. ...Read more
2-3 weeks...: ...On average, in my experience.Get a more detailed answer ›
I think my 9-month-old has fifth disease. Rash and fever lasted only one day. Should I take her to the doctor if no symptoms are present?
Whats Ur gut tell U: There are a variety of rash producing viruses that have little importance to the real scheme of things & most can be managed at home. If the kid is playful for most of his/her day, feeding & wetting diapers as usual, i see little need for an office visit. I truly believe mom's are pre-wired with a sense of their own child's needs & can tell if they need to come in. Do what you're comfortable with. ...Read more
Can adults get fifth disease without face rash?Last week had cold symptoms now for a week i've had red blotchy rash on arms and legs, worse in heat
Yes: Parvovirus b19, the virus that causes fifth disease, can also cause fever and other flu-like symptoms in about 50% of cases. Normally though, by the time the facial rash that characterizes fifth disease arises, the fever and other flu-like symptoms have subsided. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does fussiness associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does decreased sleep associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does decreased appetite associated with fifth disease last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does slapped cheek rash associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does rash associated with fifth disease last?
- How long does fever associated with fifth disease last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online