Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Cough Associated With Aspirated Foreign Body Last
Yes - smaller FB: Smaller foreign bodies can sometimes be aspirated (especially by children) with minimal symptoms at the time of aspiration - like a brief coughing fit while eating. I've personally seen cases in children with aspiration of peanut fragments, watermelon seeds etc. Which were causing chronic cough & wheezing but no choking episode was recollected by parents. These were diagnosed on bronchoscopy. ...Read more
Aspiration: Depending on what was aspirated, symptoms can start almost immediately. ...Read more
Could toddler coughing only after eating and drinking be a sign of foreign body aspiration from yesterday?
Doubt foreign body: Coughing with eating and drinking suggests liquid and solids are getting into the larynx(voice box) and or the windpipe, triggering the problem. An inhaled foreign body would usually cause a cough episodically and randomly, not associated with meals. This definintely warrants evaluation with an ENT and possibly a subspecialist peds ent. They will do laryngoscopy to view the larynx. ...Read more
Right eyelid twitching started last Aug. and persisted for more than a month. Later on dry-eye symptoms such as foreign body sensation, grittiness and ocular pain both eyes. The grittiness got worse when I woke up at night, why? It is so irritating.
Common problem: Eyelid twitching (myokymia) is a common and largely unexplained problem. It usually goes away on its own but sometimes this takes 3-4 weeks. Dry eyes are common in middle aged women and sometimes are aggravated by incomplete lid closure at night. Try a bedtime dose of a gel eye drop like Systane Gel. This should help to keep eyes lubricated until AM. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A long, thin, sharp foreign body under the skin / in the soft tissues of the neck/throat region retained for several months. I consulted a doctor. Who sent me for an X-ray, which didn`t show anything. Subsequently, I also saw another doctor, who sent for
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does choking associated with aspirated foreign body last?
- How long does cyanosis associated with aspirated foreign body last?
- How long does hoarseness associated with aspirated foreign body last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does cough associated with the flu last?
- How long does body aches associated with influenza last?
- How long does cough associated with chicken pox last?
- How long does cough associated with roseola last?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free