Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Breast Tenderness Associated With Mastitis Last
Depends on cause!: Infectious mastitis (and the pain associated with it) resolves as the infection is treated with antibiotics. However, some mastitis is hormone-related and occurs each and every month with menstrual cycles, or can occur when oral contraceptives (hormones) are changed. Recurrent mastitis can aslo be seen in breast feeding mothers, which is a combination of the two issues above. Every woman is unique. ...Read more
Your breasts may provide the first signs to you that you are pregnant. Women's breasts often get extremely tender and begin increasing in size very early in pregnancy. These changes are preparing you for breastfeeding. The size may increase throughout the first 3 months of pregnancy. It is important to wear a bra that fits and supports your breasts throughout your pregnancy. Your nipples and areolas (the darker skin around the nipples) will darken early in pregnancy. By weeks 12-14, you may start leaking colostrum from your breasts. Colostrum is a fluid made up of water, proteins, minerals, and antibodies that you will feed your baby for the first few days ...Read more
Until treated & gone: A breast abscess may require surgical drainage as well as antibiotics (antibiotics alone don't always work, especially for abscess, and even less for large abscess). Even after drained and effectively treated, there will still be swelling and inflammation from the infection, dependent on the severity and length of time it went untreated. Could be weeks to a few months, worse with menstrual cycles. ...Read more
A little bit of breast tenderness 2 weeks before period. On birth control for longer than 3 months. Normal last period. Normal?
Varies: That is going to vary from person to person. There is no standard time. ...Read more
Classic pregnancy: symptoms don't usually begin until you have actually missed your period or thereafter. Take care. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does breast firmness associated with mastitis last?
- How long does breast aches associated with mastitis last?
- How long does breast erythema associated with mastitis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does malaise associated with mastitis last?
- How long does fever associated with mastitis last?
- How long does breast tenderness associated with breast abscess last?
- How long does breast tenderness associated with chest wall pain last?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free