Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Athletes Foot Last
ATHLETE'S FOOT: Athlete's foot can last a lifetime if you don't treat it. If you are sure you have it, then over-the-counter creams and lotions like lotrimin and monistat can keep it under control or even cure it. There are also oral prescription medications that can cure it if, indeed, it is really athlete's foot. It may take weeks or months depending how long you have had it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
2-3 weeks: Could be less, could be more depending on severity. ...Read more
2 weeks not unusual: 2 weeks is a short time. Make sure you are seeing some improvement or you may need to change medication. ...Read more
How long would athletes foot last in a shoe that has not been worn? How do you sterilize the shoe?
Can last for a while: Fungus can hang around for a while. You reduce the amount by spraying the inside of the shoe with an antifungal spray after you have worn it. This will reduce the amount of fungal load in the shoe. If you sterilize a shoe it will unfortunately be unwearable. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Be preventative : You can keep on top of athletes foot by checking your feet everyday. Make sure that you dry in between your toes. If you see red dots on the bottom of your feet or scaly areas make sure you start applying an anti fungal cream. Do not use a cream in between toes since this just adds to the moisture. If you are having difficulty seeing results see your local podiatrist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does rash associated with hand foot mouth last?
- How long does fever associated with hand foot mouth last?
- How long does diarrhea associated with hand foot mouth last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does sore throat associated with hand foot mouth last?
- How long does rash on groin associated with hand foot mouth last?
- How long does swelling last after foot surgery?
- How long does tendonitis in the foot last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online