Doctor insights on:
How Long Does An Egg Live After Ovulation
How long after ovulation does the egg stay viable? I've heard 24 hours? Am i safe if i waited about a week and a half to have sex after ovulating?
Less than 24 hours: Probably less than 24 hours after ovulation. You should not get pregnant from sex a week and a half after you ovulate. Sometimes you can ovulate later than expected or miscalculate when you ovulate, so avoiding sex around the time of ovulation is not a great birth control method, especially if you're 18. Talk to your dr about birth control options. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
After ovulation there is a big follicle seen in scan , what does that mean? Another egg is about to release?
Possibly: Ovulation occurs with high levels of estrogen which increase days before ovulation to a maximum 1-2 days before. Usually the mucus that is clear that you notice occurs starting days before ovultion. You have about 24-36 hrs from the peak of the mucus to ovulate. You may see some after ovulation, but it will be much less than seen before. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many days does an egg live after ovulation?
- How long does a female egg live after ovulation?
- How long will an egg live after ovulation?
- How long does an egg live during ovulation?
- How long does a egg last after ovulation?
- How long do eggs live after ovulation?
- Ovulation how long does egg live
- How long does an egg survive during ovulation?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free