Doctor insights on:
How Long Does An Egg Live After Ovulation
About a day: Women don't know exactly when they ovulate, so it's always an estimate. After ovulation, her egg will be fertile for about a day. That means she is truly fertile during just one of those days in her "fertile period". She should have sex throughout her "fertile period" so live sperm will just be hanging around waiting for the egg to pop out, at which time she will truly be fertile, for about a day. ...Read more
How long after ovulation does the egg stay viable? I've heard 24 hours? Am i safe if i waited about a week and a half to have sex after ovulating?
Less than 24 hours: Probably less than 24 hours after ovulation. You should not get pregnant from sex a week and a half after you ovulate. Sometimes you can ovulate later than expected or miscalculate when you ovulate, so avoiding sex around the time of ovulation is not a great birth control method, especially if you're 18. Talk to your dr about birth control options. ...Read more
Egg after ovulation: It either gets fertilized, or it gets absorbed by the body, or passes thru. ...Read more
Possibly: Ovulation occurs with high levels of estrogen which increase days before ovulation to a maximum 1-2 days before. Usually the mucus that is clear that you notice occurs starting days before ovultion. You have about 24-36 hrs from the peak of the mucus to ovulate. You may see some after ovulation, but it will be much less than seen before. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a female egg live after ovulation?
- How long do eggs live after ovulation?
- How long will an egg live after ovulation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Ovulation how long does egg live
- How long does a egg last after ovulation?
- How many days does an egg live after ovulation?
- How long does your egg stay after ovulation?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free