Doctor insights on:
How Long Does Agitation Associated With Hyperthyroidism Last
What to do if I have been diagnosed with thyroiditis. I am in the hyperthyroid stage. how long does it usually last?
Usually 2-6 weeks: Thyroiditis is inflammation of the thyroid gland, resulting in stored thyroid hormone(TH) leaking into the bloodstream faster than normal release of TH, so that TH levels are higher than normal. It can follow a viral infection or come after a pregnancy. There can be a hypothyroid phase later, but thyroiditis almost always resolves, leaving the thyroid working normally. ...Read more
Not sure: This is not a typical symptom of hyperthyroidism. However there are 2 theoretical explanations on my mind: 1) your hyperthyroidism may make the muscles that move the vocal cords "shaky" as it does with other muscles. If that is the case, then it will return to normal when the hyper is corrected 2) the thyroid may be enlarged to a point that it affects the nerves that control the voice. ...Read more
How long can hyperthyroid go (i'm already pretty anorexic looking from this now) before there is major or unreversable damage if any occurs?
Huperthyroid no Rx: If you have hyperthyroidism and have had no treatment then you are playing with fire and it is bad for you.Not only you will loose weight, but you may get tachcardia and other arrythmia in your heart.It is not a good idea not to get treated.Itcan be treated with drugs or radioactive iodine therapy.You should not fool around with this condition as you are already loosing weight. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hyperthyroidism can symptoms just stop? Was diagnosis last month, had most all symptoms. Not taking any medication.
My hyperthyroid has stabilized at last review but i'm still taking thyrozol. Next review is a few months away. Will continuous take turn it in2 hypo?
How long do you have to be hyperthyroid to suffer the serious side affects? For example osteoporosis, etc.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does lightheadedness associated with hyperthyroidism last?
- How long does hair loss associated with hyperthyroidism last?
- How long does palpitations associated with hyperthyroidism last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does trembling hands associated with hyperthyroidism last?
- How long does high blood pressure associated with hyperthyroidism last?
- How long does restless legs associated with hyperthyroidism last?
- How long does chest pain associated with hyperthyroidism last?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free