Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Yeast Infection Last
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Candida albicans: Infection of the vagina by a fungus called candida leads to whitish cottage cheese discharge and vaginal irritation. Once infected symptom might worsen with out treatment. With adequate treatment and precautions should resolve within 1 week to 10days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long can a yeast infection last after taking diflucan? Anything else i can do about huge symptoms?
Varies: Diflucan works about 98% of the time when taken in three doses (one a day, every other day, for three doses). It can take 2 to 5 days for the symptoms to clear up. If the symptoms persist, see your doctor. If the symptoms reoccur (happens about 10% of the time) re-treatment and suppression may be required. ...Read more
Not transmissible: Yeasts are part of the normal germ population of the gastrointestinal tract. Yeast infections are not transmitted but develop whenever there is an imbalance in the body's germ population, such as when you take antibiotics, or when there is a drop in the immunity level. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a yeast infection last after using monistat?
- How long does a yeast infection last with monistat?
- How long does a yeast infection last with diflucan?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a yeast infection last with monistat 7?
- How long does a yeast infection last with monistat 1?
- How long does a yeast infection last if treated?
- How long does a yeast infection last with antibiotics?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free