Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Wrist Sprain Normally Last
Depends: Most strains in the wrist tend to improve and resolve over a 4-6 week period. A sprain (defined as a tear) in the wrist where a ligament has torn don't tend to do so well. Most ligament tears in and around the wrist result in some degree of permanent disability. Some can be improved with surgery, but many can not. ...Read more
See details: You deal with it by having the wrist evaluated, determining the cause of the pain and then treating that cause. ...Read more
Sprain: Just a week or 2 until pain improves. ...Read more
Wrist sprain been 1 month hurts when i lift something heavy. Specialist took MRI said tore my dorsal capsule and small hole in tfcc. How long to heal?
Wrist sprain been 4 weeks pain with wieght specialist took MRI which suggested dorsal capsular sprain and 1-2mm perforation in tfcc. How long to recover?
A long time.: Dorsal ligament injuries, classified as wrist sprains, can take longer to stop hurting than many fractures. In my experience this is usually 6 weeks to 3 months. Occasionally longer if activity is not limited and the injured area is continually stressed. Immobilization is key to get the ligaments to heal by cast or full time bracing (removing only for hygiene). It can be frustrating ; painful! ...Read more
? ligament tear: A sprain by definition is a ligamentous injury. If you have sustained a ligament tear this could result in instability of the wrist and recurrent pain. You may require further diagnostic studies such as an mri/ arthrogram to establish a definitive diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take a wrist sprain to heal?
- How long does a sprain arm last?
- Duration of a sprained ankle
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a sprained foot last?
- How long does it take a shoulder sprain to heal?
- Around how long should swelling from a sprained ankle last
- How long does pain from a ruptured ovarian cyst last?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free