Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Pneumonia Shot Last
I'm 75 yrs. of age. Got a pneumonia shot 3 yrs. ago. Also got the new Prevcar 13 just last year. Do I need these every year?
Injection site pain: Usually lasts only a day or two for most people. Using the arm may reduce soreness. If arm swells significantly or becomes red & hot & pain worsens, contact your doc. ...Read more
No / maybe: The pneumococcal vaccines (childhood or adult form) boost the immune system by helping develop antibodies to the strains of the germ contained in the vaccines.Pneumonia can be caused by many germs not effected by the vaccine, and the vaccine may not be 100% protective against pneumoccus in all individuals.Revaccination in adults who receive 1st dose < 65 is considered >5yrs but not routein after. ...Read more
At labor/delivery e.R. Last month, the nurse told me I should get a flu and pneumonia shot because of my severe asthma. Can i get while 6mos pregnant?
No: If one dose of pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine was given at age 65 (which is the standard recommendation), then no additional doses are necessary thereafter, unless if there is an underlying immune deficiency that increases their risk of having frequent infections. There is no proven benefit of repeat doses of pneumococcal vaccine after the single dose at age 65. Talk to your doctor about this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a shot of toradol last?
- How long does a flu shots last?
- How long does a steroid shot for sinus infection last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a flu shot last in your system?
- How long does a pneumonia vaccine last?
- How long does a meningitis shot last for?
- How long does a fever last with pneumonia?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free