Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Laparoscopic Partial Colectomy Take
Is it possible for diverticulitis to cause pain on the right side if i've already had a partial colectomy?
My girlfriend had a partial colectomy and there is a bit of tissue that is coming out of the body were the staples are is that normal?
Surgeon needs this: Please understand that surgery carries significant risks and surgeons must know about complications. Your friend would have been given post operative instructions and a list of things to watch for. On that list will also be instructions on how to page the doctor should a complication arise. Without seeing this friends' 'tissue' in person it would be difficult for any of us to comment. ...Read more
What do you suggest if my husband had a partial colectomy a month ago due to diverticulits..but now he is having internal hemmorhoids?
He should talk: with his surgeon and determine what is causing his hemorrhoid flare. Usually his surgery should not be a cause of hemorrhoid flare unless he has been constipated or having frequent diarrhea due to his surgery. Again his surgeon should be notified and evaluate your husband ...Read more
My husband had a partial colectomy a month ago due to diverticulits..but now he is having internal hemmorhoids. Could these be related?
If someone has had subtotal colectomy w/Ileostomy placement, can a partial colectomy be performed later on down the road? And what's the difference?
Big difference : A subtotal colectomy is removing almost all the colon; usually just a couple of inches are left near the rectum. A partial colectomy is not done AFTER a subtotal colectomy because there is basically no colon left. A partial colectomy implies that only a segment of colon is removed, like the right or left, and a good amount of colon is left. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to get used to wearing a partial denture?
- How long does a partial knee replacement take to heal?
- How long does a partial achilles tear take to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to cure a sinus infection on augmentin?
- How long does it take for antibiotics to kick in for a sinus infection?
- How long does it take a rash due to a penicillin allergy to clear?
- How long does it take a shoulder sprain to heal?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free