Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Laparoscopic Partial Colectomy Take
See 1 more doctor answer
Surgery Home Health: Plan ahead with your surgeon and the hospitalist (if possible) to arrange for home health for yourself for wound care, ostomy teaching, and for therapy. You must be home bound in order to receive this level of care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it possible for diverticulitis to cause pain on the right side if i've already had a partial colectomy?
Yes: Often in women who have had a prior hysterectomy, the sigmoid colon shifts from the left to the center or even the right side of the lower abdomen and hence pain would be felt in the suprapubic or right lower abdomen mwith diverticulitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My girlfriend had a partial colectomy and there is a bit of tissue that is coming out of the body were the staples are is that normal?
Surgeon needs this: Please understand that surgery carries significant risks and surgeons must know about complications. Your friend would have been given post operative instructions and a list of things to watch for. On that list will also be instructions on how to page the doctor should a complication arise. Without seeing this friends' 'tissue' in person it would be difficult for any of us to comment. ...Read more
Pain: It really depends on the timing and specifics related to your surgery. Causes could include anything from gas pains or muscle strain to some complication of surgery. I would follow up with my surgeon to get checked. ...Read more
Usually not: Depending on the portion of colon removed you may need more fluids to compensate for that lost in the stool. Most limitations in your diet will be learned by trial and error, learning which foods to avoid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My husband had a partial colectomy a month ago due to diverticulits..but now he is having internal hemmorhoids. Could these be related?
No: He probably had the hemorrhoids before, but without symptoms. He probably was taking pain killer that will make him constipated, which can make the hemorrhoids to enlarged and cause pain with occasional bleeding. He should contact his surgeon and be evaluated. ...Read more
I had a laparoscopic colectomy with ileorectal anastomosis surgery on 1/18 and I am experiencing cramping when i lay down and at night. Is this normal?
See 1 more doctor answer
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to get used to wearing a partial denture?
- How long does it take to cure a sinus infection on augmentin?
- How long does it take for antibiotics to kick in for a sinus infection?
- How long does it take a rash due to a penicillin allergy to clear?
- How long does it take a shoulder sprain to heal?
- How long does it take for a black eye to form?
- How long does a tooth extraction take to heal?
- How long does it typically take for a sunburn to go away?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free