Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Knee Sprain Take To Heal
Get help now ›
Depends on severity: A "sprained" knee can range from a mild injury to the joint to severe injuries including tears of the ligaments. Recovery following mild injuries may be 1-3 weeks but can take up to 3 months for more significant injuries. Pain lasting more than 6 weeks should prompt an evaluation, usually best done by an orthopaedic surgeon. ...Read moreGet help now ›
MCL Sprain: Mcl sprains are variable in how long the heal. There are different grades of severity of mcl sprains. The more severe the sprain the longer it takes to heal. Minor sprains can heal in a few weeks, more severe ones can take months. ...Read moreGet help now ›
Grade 2 knee sprain. . Started using brace 10 days later.. been using brace for 7 days and pain recedes but recurs randomly. How long will it take?
Get help now ›
Pain in my knee cap after playing basketball, pain has lessened.I think it's a knee sprain. How long should I rest my knee until it fully recovers ?
Seven – 10 days: It sounds like patella tendinitis, especially if associated with basketball. Rest, ice, anti-inflammatory medication, quad stretching and quad strengthening are all helpful. Also, consider playing with a patellar strap. This offloads the force seen by the patella tendon with jumping on hard surfaces – basketball, racquetball, handball, tennis etc. Give time to get well. Sensible activities. ...Read moreGet help now ›
See and orthopedist: Have it evaluated by an orthopedist. You may need to have it immobilized. In some more sever cases you may need to have surgical repair. ...Read moreGet help now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a knee sprain to heal?
- How long does it take a shoulder sprain to heal?
- How long does it take a wrist sprain to heal?
- How long does a sprained finger take to heal?
- How long does it take for a foot sprain to heal?
- How long does a ligament in your knee take to heal?
- How long does it take a bad sprain in your back to heal?
- How long does it take for a sprain to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free