Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Knee Sprain Take To Heal
Depends on severity: A "sprained" knee can range from a mild injury to the joint to severe injuries including tears of the ligaments. Recovery following mild injuries may be 1-3 weeks but can take up to 3 months for more significant injuries. Pain lasting more than 6 weeks should prompt an evaluation, usually best done by an orthopaedic surgeon. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Grade 2 knee sprain. . Started using brace 10 days later.. been using brace for 7 days and pain recedes but recurs randomly. How long will it take?
I had knee sprain for so long time already. It doesn't cured. Can I do light exercises such as dance and swimming?
Knee strain: I understand your frustration. Do not become VICTIM of your pain, swelling or some limitations. Make DVD of your activities prior to knee strain-walking, jogging, hiking, swimming, different kinds of dancing, sports; put music and narration with your creativity-Love your Knee. See Orthopedic Specialist, have MRI for status of knee, discuss P.T., Medications, ultrasound, dance and swimming. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Pain in my knee cap after playing basketball, pain has lessened.I think it's a knee sprain. How long should I rest my knee until it fully recovers ?
Seven – 10 days: It sounds like patella tendinitis, especially if associated with basketball. Rest, ice, anti-inflammatory medication, quad stretching and quad strengthening are all helpful. Also, consider playing with a patellar strap. This offloads the force seen by the patella tendon with jumping on hard surfaces – basketball, racquetball, handball, tennis etc. Give time to get well. Sensible activities. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for a knee sprain to heal?
- How long does it take a shoulder sprain to heal?
- How long does it take a wrist sprain to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for a foot sprain to heal?
- How long does a ligament in your knee take to heal?
- How long does it take a bad sprain in your back to heal?
- How long does it take for a sprain to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free