Doctor insights on:
How Long Does A Fungal Infection Last
Topical therapy: That depends! if it is a superficial fungal infection you may see response in a few days; if you are using it on severely inflammed athletes foot it may take weeks and if you are using it on a nailbed infection it may take months. If you are not seeing the response you wish, ask your doctor what else may need to be done to treat the infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Fungal infections are clinical conditions in which a person has an infection due to a pathogen called a fungus (in contrast to infections caused by bacteria, viruses, or parasites). Fungal infections occur commonly on the skin (including Jock Itch and Athlete's Foot) and can also cause more serious infections in those ...Read more
Any time.: Most fungal infections in otherwise healthy individuals respond to treatment quickly. Infections in people with indwelling catheters, aids, and other severe underlying conditions, can be more severe. ...Read more
Many: See a doctor to check for immune or hormonal condition. Be checked for drug resistant yeast. Avoid diets high in sugar, cotton underwear or no underwear. Avoid thongs. Adding healthy bacteria in diet: probiotics, yogurt, raw apple cider vinegar. Luvana or rephresh to regulate vaginal ph. Boric acid suppositories. Gently douching with 1/2 tsp baking soda/water. Apply gentian violet. Meds. ...Read more
I masturbate last hour, but my penis skin is pealing a bit , is this have something to be with my fungal infection?
If we are on long term antibiotic course , we are prone to fungal infection ? If yes then what's the reason behind this?
True.: Many places on the body (mucous membranes, skin) have bacteria and fungi living in competition with each other, keeping each other in check. If you kill off one type (with antibiotics) the other type will win and overgrow. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a yeast infection last after using monistat?
- How long does a lung infection last?
- How long does a fungal rash last?
- How long does a bacterial throat infection last?
- How long does a yeast infection last without treatment?
- How long does a viral throat infection last?
- How long does a steroid shot for sinus infection last?
- How long does a viral ear infection last?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free